Fill out this form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have several ways you or your group can help out! The summer of 2023 sure has been busy! Some volunteers with Superior, Water, Light & Power helped bring our garden vision to fruition by helping us get the beds together and everything planted. A few volunteers from Port Edwards UMC and a group from Duluth Service Learning helped us organize our donations, set up for our rummage sale and got a couple apartments ready for the next family to move in.
Harbor House Crisis Shelters thanks each and every one of our volunteers, without them we wouldn’t be able to continue serving the homeless.
Make a Difference with Harbor House
- Send a note of encouragement to the staff and/or residents
- Pray for the guests, staff and community
- Organize and promote a drive for cleaning supplies, women’s personal care products, bedding (pillows, blankets, and sheets), bras, socks, children’s and adult’s underwear/panties, combs and brushes. Be creative and have fun.
- Learn more about homeless issues in the United States.
- Sponsor a “Homeless Awareness Week” educational event (usually the third week in November)
- Sponsor a “Harbor House Crisis Shelters” mission Sunday
- Study issues around homelessness, i.e. mental health, poverty, domestic violence, education, living wage, disabilities, and health care.
- Like and visit our Facebook page
- Support your local apportionment payment
- Encourage your local UMW and church to understand our connection to each other
- Celebrate our victories with us
- Invite us to speak at an event at your church or group
- Contact us about your ideas
- Garbage Bags (13 gallon)
- Women’s Hygiene Product
- Bath Towels/Wash Cloths
- Kitchen Wash Cloths
- Deodorant (Men/Women)
- Non-Perishable Food
- Dish Soap/Dish Washer Soap
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Twin Sheets
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Paper Towels
- Diapers/All Sizes
- Pillows/Pillow Cases
- Toilet Bowl Cleaners
- Wound Care Products
- Laundry Soap/Bleach
- Dryer Sheets